Archive for September, 2011
Leaving a meaningful comment on someone’s blog post is a great way to create organic backlinks to your website or blog. I say meaningful because the comment you write should mean something to you and not be a run of the mill bot posted comment, seen everywhere in the spam portion of the comment section to countless bloggers, in an attempt to scam for backlinks.
Nowadays you see so many packages offering thousands of backlinks. You can build your own organic backlinks. This way you build them slowly and naturally. One way to do that is to comment on quality blog websites.
Because spam is so prevalent in the blogging world, many blog owners wisely set their comments not to auto approve. A blog can literally receive thousands of spam comments. How can you ensure that your comment will make the cut and be approved? Here are a few tips to help you create meaningful comments that stand out from the rest.
1. Read the entire post. Do not skim. There are key elements you may miss out on if you rush this step and not get the full understanding of the post. Your comment may not make much sense if you don’t have all of the facts. It will be obvious to the blog owner if you read the post or not. You also won’t take anything from the post which is the point of reading a blog post to begin with. Look at the link you can place with your comment as just a perk and not the total reason for commenting.
2. Think about the post before you write. What emotions did the information you read invoke, if any? Did you learn anything? Was there anything you especially liked or didn’t like about the blog post? Does this blog post directly apply to you? Have you seen anything like described in this blog going on recently? Asking yourself these questions will help you to express yourself through meaningful blog comments.
3. Draw your comment from your thoughts as noted in #2
Example #1 ______________ is what I am trying to implement right now because ______
Example #2 I really appreciated this post because __________
Example #3 I enjoyed your post because ___________
*Remember that these are just samples. You do not have to include the above mentioned word into your comment.
4. Do leave your email address in the slot asking for it. Many won’t approve your comment without it.
5. Add your link in the slot asking for it. The blog owner or readers may decide to click on your name and you link is connected to that. This provides a backlink to your blog or website and could bring traffic to you. Google also picks up on comments and that could bring traffic to you.
6. Make sure to comment in full sentences, using proper English. If you are commenting on a non English blog, use full sentences in whatever language the blog is written in. Exclude slang, profanity, text talking, advertising (unless the blogger specifically asks you too) and vulgar speech. This will give you a better chance of having your comment approved.
What not to do ….
Example #1 I like dat rite derr. (Leave the excessive slang for talking for when talking to your friends.)
Example #2 LMBO, I think this blog is good bcuz ur a good ____________. Blog comments are not the place to text talk. Some people may not even know what the abbreviations mean with the exception of LOL which means laugh out loud. You want your comment to contribute to the blog post, not leave others confused as they try to figure out what you mean.
Example #3 Good blog! What does that really say to the writer or the readers. Nothing at all. What does this show that might make someone interested enough to click on your name which will take them to your blog or website? Nothing! It’s okay to incorporate praising the blog post into your comment but it shouldn’t be your whole comment.
Example #4 This post is telling the truth and if you come over to http://I-am-spamming-you.com you will see a hot product that I just want you to buy! Don’t do it, because it’s a waste of time because no one takes these comments seriously and most bloggers who are attentive to their comments would delete this without giving it a second thought. Don’t waste your time on methods that aren’t effective.
The same quality that you should put out when commenting on someone’s blog is the same quality you should look for when accepting comments on your blog. Using the tips above will help you to recognize good comments. You don’t have to settle. No comments are much better than crappy ones. Low value spammy comments bring down the value of your blog, so don’t allow them. Value your blog comment section and others will too.
Many times the word no is viewed in a negative light. Many don’t want to hear the word no because it usually means that they cannot do something that they want to do or have something that they want.
When raising our children we teach them the word no so they will know when something isn’t ok for them to do, have or say. In fact it is usually one of the first words they learn because they frequently hear it.
When it comes to running a business, the word no can become your best friend. How can that ever be since no has such a negative connotation attached to it?
The word no can help you to be more productive in your business and personal life. You may feel that you are being pulled in more directions than you can handle, leaving you stressed and confused. Whip out the word no and the confusion or stress ceases.
You realistically may not be able to get involved with every project, joint venture or opportunity that piques your interest. When you are being pulled into so many different directions you can’t really follow any of the paths to the end. You won’t be as effective in whatever it is you are doing when you take on too much.
All of us vary with different amounts of what we can handle. If you are feeling frazzled and burned out, chances are you are taking on too much. You need to whip out your no and slow down some. Concentrate on what is most important and branch out from there once you are on the right track. This is true in life and in business.
We can’t do it all. We can do some things some of the time but we can’t do it all, all of the time. If we want our business to grow successfully, we need to take the time necessary to nurture it. In order to do that we must have goals and stay focused on them.
Sometimes we have to say no to joining a new business, buying every new learning course that comes out, hanging out with friends frequently during work hours and any other distractions that will keep us from our main goal. There is a time and place for everything. Figuring that out will help keep you on the right track and headed towards success.
You may have friends and family who want to talk on the phone all day or just pop over unannounced for a visit, and you might not be able to concentrate on the work you need to do. A successful business requires work.
You have to whip out your no and let people know that while you want to be there for them, it can’t be during your working hours unless it’s an emergency. No work equals no money, so think before you abandon it.
You also may have to whip out your no when it comes to being fair to your homelife. You can’t expect to be able to work 24 – 7 if you have a family to help take care of. You might not be able to take on every project you would like to and maybe sometimes you have to turn things down and pick and choose your opportunities. That is perfectly okay.
You have to strike up the right balance between your life and your business so neither is neglected. The word no can help you to do that. No is a good thing when it helps you to become more productive.
Many all over the internet are utilizing affiliate marketing to either supplement an existing income or to create an income from home. Affiliate marketing is when you market affiliate products and are paid when you make a sale.
Here are four reasons that you might want to consider if you haven’t started affiliate marketing already.
1. No start up costs: Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to start earning money on the internet because it costs you nothing to sign up and participate in various affiliate programs. You don’t have to worry about paying for products on a monthly basis and some affiliate programs don’t have a quota that you must reach to get paid on a monthly basis. There are even some affiliate programs that pay instantly.
2. A wide variety of products: What’s your passion? Is it health, network marketing, food, self improvement or maybe another area? There are so many different types of affiliate products that you can promote that will be in the same niche as what you are already doing.
If you have a health and wellness blog, find affiliate programs that are centered around health and wellness products or if you have a website that shares recipes with your readers you can opt to use food and kitchen related affiliate programs.
If you are a network or internet marketer you might want to look for products to promote that center around helping other marketers like autoresponders, PLR and information products.
3. You can greatly increase your income: Depending on what you’re promoting, how you promote it and if it meshes well with your niche you try to combine it with, you can create a nice income from home by using affiliate programs. Affiliate programs can be promoted alongside whatever else you are already doing.
If you’re blogging already, you can use banner advertising or article marketing to promote products to your readers while still supplying them with quality content. When someone clicks on your link or banner and makes a purchase you earn. The more this happens the more your earnings are increased.
4. Affiliate marketers usually get a large chunk of the profits: It ‘s not uncommon to see affiliate marketing programs offering 30%, 50% or even 75% of their profits to their affiliates. Why in the world would they offer up so much of their profits? The answer is quite simple … traffic. Affiliate marketers can bring in so much more traffic than the owner of the product and program can bring in by them-self .
More people promoting make the amount of traffic and sales so much greater. In exchange, affiliate program owner are happy to pay an amount that is more than fair to ones who are bringing in sales.
If you would like to become an affiliate for my PLR store ShopForPLR.Com where I sell quality PLR articles, blog posts, reports and autoresponder emails you can Click Here to sign up free.