Archive for Time Management
Ever heard of the saying “time is money?” It’s true, especially if you are running a business. The tasks you perform are either helping your business to make money or sucking away at your time like greedy vampires.
There are many different aspects to successfully running a business whether it is MLM, direct sales or a self created business. If you are constantly finding that you cannot get ahead in your business because you are always running out of time that signals that there is a problem in the way that you are running your business.
You are probably allowing time vampires to suck the life out the time you have to spend on your business. There’s an easy way to figure out if what you are doing is a money maker or time vampire.
1. Does the task you perform help your business to earn in any way after you have been performing it for a while? After doing a task for a while you should be able to tell if it is helping you to be successful in your business or not by checking your earnings. If you are earning little or nothing, it’s time to reevaluate your pl an.
2. Does the task help your business to grow which will allow you to make money in the future? Planning ahead is definitely a good move but only if the task isn’t redundant or a huge time waster, A.K.A., time vampire.
3. Does the task help others to gain interest in your business and or products? For example if you were trying to get traffic to your website and you were surfing at a traffic exchange and your site gets little or no views this would be a huge waste of your time.
Trying to recruit the same uninterested people is a waste of your time.
4. Does the task help you to be more productive or effecient? Learning more will greatly help you to be successful. Find someone who is in a position that you would like to be in and study and observe them. Take their courses if they are in line with what you need to learn to make your business more successful. Apply what you learn or it makes no sense to learn to begin with.
5. Are you organized? Being unorganized is a time vampire because you have to work twice as hard to find things when you don’t keep your surroundings neat and orderly. You also waste time when you try to remember everything without using a planner, system or schedule and you end up forgetting important dates, details, questions, phone numbers, websites, programs and any other information pertinent to your business.
Set up a system on and offline that will allow you to easily find things, store information and save you from wasting time.
Time vampires come in many forms. Find the ones that are sucking at your precious time and weed them out so you have more time to spend on the money makers. Spend your time wisely to get achieve your goals.
To your success,
If you have ever played Pacman the video game then you know that Pacman goes around the board eating the dots until the screen is clear and then goes on to the next level.
Visualize Pacman as all the things you do in a single day and the dots as your time in a twenty-four hour day. The next level will represent a new day.
Pacman goes around gobbling all the dots over and over as long as the ghosts do not reach him. So the more he eats the more the dots disapear.
Imagine if there were three, five or even twenty Pacmans on the screen at once. How fast would the dots disapear.
Now think about your day. How many Pacmans or time eaters do you have eating at your time, gobbling until there is none left and it is time for a new day.
Many times people say there are not enough hours in the day to do all they want to do. How many of the things you in a day are really necessary?
Do you waste time doing the same mundane task over and over instead of scheduling a time to do so and then moving on to the next task?
Make a list of the things you do. How many of those things need to be done daily or hourly. Figuring out the answer to this question could save you much time.
Many times we create our own anxiety over an issue and feel we have to do a task more than we really need to.
For example if you blog, do you really need to create a new blogpost daily or could you write a few in advance and schedule them to show at an appointed time?
Sometimes we waste time because we did not do what we should have already done. Hence the statement, the lazy man or woman works twice as hard.
If you work a nine to five and cook dinner daily, how much time do you think you would save if you had keep your kitchen clean and orderly alleviating the need to clean before you can cook and having to hunt for ingredients?
Other times the problem could be too much of something we enjoy.
Do we really need to talk to our friends every hour on the hour?
Do we have to watch every show in a series marathon?
Evaluating what we do against what we need to do can banish some of the time eaters in our lives.
“PAC-MAN” is a video game that was released by Namco Bandai Games (then called Namco) in 1980. http://pacman.com/en/about
To Your Success,
Time is one thing that we cannot save for later. We simply cannot go back and use leftover time. Once it passes it is gone so it is best to use it wisely while it is here.
If you find that you are having trouble trying to fit everything you need to do in a day, week or even a month then a schedule may be just what you need.
To best maximize the time you have you need to first figure out everything you need to get done.
Start by creating a monthly schedule that covers Sunday through Saturday and has the days broken down by hours.
Then you will want to block out times for sleeping, bathing and dressing, hair styling and make up and fill in daily meal times. These are set times that you will not be available to do anything else so by filling these in first you help ensure that you do not make a mistake with scheduling your time.
Next you will want to write everything down that you need to get done in a month. Include Dr. appointments, work, exercise, meal preparing, studying or reading and any other activities you participate in.
If you work from home you may want to even break down a list of all the activities you need to do to work from home and place this on the schedule as well. This list will vary from person to person.
Having a schedule can keep you from scrambling to get things done and getting overwhelmed.
Now you need to give each item a number from one to ten, prioritizing each activity. Those labeled from numbers one through five are the items you want to put on your schedule first, things that must be done on a daily or weekly basis.
Finally place the items from six to ten on your schedule. Some of these activities may be things you only do every two weeks or even once a month so schedule accordingly.
Be sure to schedule time for relaxing and spending time with your spouse, children or family.
Do not feel bad if you accidentally go off schedule from time to time. Life happens and sometimes the day does not go exactly as planned and you may even have to go back and revise your schedule, but if you are having trouble getting things done a schedule can be a great tool to help you stay on track.
To Your Success,